The building now called the Hospitality Suite was once a hospital for the children’s home. The hospital was opened in 1927.
The bakery at the children’s home baked over 150 loaves for the children every day! It also provided training and employment for young people growing up at the home.
Workshops & Printing School
The buildings in this area were once workshops, teaching shoemaking, woodwork and printing to young men at the children’s home.
Food growing and farming on site helped to provide for the children’s home and also offered training for the young people.
The children’s home contained two woods in its grounds, this one, known as the Boys’ Wood, and the Girls’ Wood, known today as Ambrose Wood.